Thursday, April 28, 2011

March Report 2011

DEAR FRIENDS,

Hope this letter will find everyone healthy and happy in the Lord.

Everything is going well with Rosa and I, we are proud to tell everyone that we are going to have a grand-daughter!! Please keep our Minnie in your prayers.

The work at the prison is going great and we see everyday God changing attitudes in these inmates. March the 3rd we had a three day meeting at the prison, and several different volunteers were invited to come and speak. Three of the speakers had been in prison for many years but have been out in the free world for a long time, and are successful business men and one is a preacher These men can relate to these men and encourage them that they can make it once they are in the free world.

Many gave their lives to the Lord in baptism. I had a one to one prayer time with many of the inmates present for this event. I was honored to be able to be a part of this conference.

I continue to give the invitation for baptism on Wednesday nights and the Lord has blessed us with 115 men that gave their lives in baptism for the past two months. Every time I speak many men come to the library the next day, and they tell me that my life has inspired them to want to follow God and study His word. It is so encouraging to hear these words.

The first week in March I was invited to speak at Hardin Simmons University in a class of future physical therapists and special education teachers. I had almost two hours in that class to tell them about my past experiences and what my idea is about helping people with physical challenges. The professor told me that she will invite me again each semester.

Thank you so much for being a part of this work, and we appreciate your prayers and financial support.

Love in Christ,

Robert and Rosa

No comments:

Post a Comment