Wednesday, April 20, 2011

May Report 2009

Dear Friends,

We pray everyone is doing well. Rosa and I are doing fine.

Our work at the prison is continuing to go wonderful. We meet new inmates each day at the Library. We thank the Lord that we are able to be a part in their lives the time that they are in there. Of course, as we have stated before, they have time to think about what they want their lives to be in the future. We thank the Lord that we have the blessing to tell them they cannot go wrong by having the Lord in the center of their lives. And too, the way to accomplish this goal is to go to church, to have a good Christian based support group, and have their friends from church to help them through their struggles. We tell them is not just because they are in prison, we all have our own struggles, but there is not anything that God cannot carry us through.

Last Wednesday night, May the 27th, 32 inmates gave their lives to the Lord in baptism. This always brings chills down my spine to see such a wonderful response after the baptism invitation is given. It is our deepest prayer that these men will continue to grow in the Lord. Whether they are here or where ever they go. I askyour prayers for these new Christians.

One of the volunteers works for the Clyde lntermediate School, and he asked me if I could speak to the 4th and 5th graders assembly. He told me they have a little girl that has Cerebral Palsy and it could be an encouragement to her and to the student body and also the teachers to hear my story. I did accept the invitation and I went. The way they had it set up, they had the students to come to the cafeteria, this way they could accommodate everyone. I talked about my first years in school, and how I was treated, and how the Lord turned the negative into positive. After I got through talking, I had a shower of little hands to ask me questions. I answered their questions as well as I could, and after the assembly was over, the handicapped girl came to thank me for being there.

Mike, the one that invited me, told me that he was sure that I helped the teachers to know how to accept this little Cerebral Palsy girl.

Thank you all for your prayers and your support.

ln Christ,
Robert and Rosa

No comments:

Post a Comment